Cavities are a common dental problem. While they are easy to repair, they can cause much more serious damage if they’re not treated. That’s why it’s important to see us at least twice a year for dental exams and cleanings. If your dentist finds decay, she’ll remove it and make your smile as good as new with tooth fillings in Austin.Get new beautiful tooth colored fillings Read Transcript
So fillings are hugely important. A lot of us, especially in my age group got the old silver fillings. Well, unfortunately we didn't know at the time that we were placing them, those things leak. So every amalgam that's been placed forever has a leaking component. So it's like having a tiny open window and that causes bacteria to get in between the filling wall and the tooth. So we love doing those filling replacements. So we take you from a smile that is full of silver and we transform that into a natural looking, tooth colored restoration. That tooth colored restoration seals the tooth, actually. It's bonded to the enamel. It's bonded to the interior part of your tooth. So it's actually sealed, so no bacteria can get in there. And those are awesome. I've had one since 1997 in my mouth and it's beautiful. So they last a really long time. So it's worth the investment.
Our dental fillings:
- Look completely natural and beautiful in your smile
- Stop decay before it can turn into a painful infection
- Contain no mercury, so there are no worries about possible negative effects on long-term health
- Allow you to enjoy comfortable and complete oral function again
See Only Beautiful White Teeth With Composite Fillings
Amalgam fillings are made of a blend of metals. They look silver at first, then darken to gray and even black over time. Unlike metal fillings, fillings made of tooth-colored composite blend beautifully into your smile. To keep your smile as attractive as it can be, we use only composite fillings.
In addition to looking natural, they:
- Keep more of your natural tooth structure in place
- Are less likely to crack or break than metal fillings
Find the Right Restoration to Maintain Your Oral Health
Fillings aren’t always the right fix for cavities. Your dentist may recommend other options for:
- Larger Cavities – If you have a large cavity, we may use a dental crown instead of a filling to repair it. A crown covers your entire tooth, so it can mend even extensive dental damage. We also offer restorations called inlays and onlays. They may work well for cavities that are too big for a filling but not large enough for a crown.
- Infected Teeth – If decay gets into the soft pulp inside your tooth, you will need a root canal to remove it. You can receive a comfortable root canal in our office.
For tooth fillings in Austin, call us today at 512-982-6405.