If you listen to stand-up comedians, you might think that root canal treatment is pretty painful. We don’t think the idea of a painful procedure is funny – and it’s not even true. At Great American Smiles™, root canals in Austin are typically no more uncomfortable than getting a dental filling.Comfortable pain free care Read Transcript
Root canals are something that I think everybody has that reaction, “Oh my gosh, I have to have a root canal.” Here at Great American Smiles, it's completely the opposite. Comfort level is just as if you're getting a filling. The aftercare is also really impressive. The techniques that we use allow patients to go back to work the same day, and not have any discomfort on the following days.
So a lot of people think that root canal therapy hurts. It's actually the bacteria that's caused an inflammation inside the tooth, that is causing the pain. A root canal therapy actually relieves the pain. And at Great American Smiles, we use biocompatible materials, so it is worth the investment. If the tooth is solid and it's saveable, it's worth the investment to save it, for sure.
You can receive comfortable root canal therapy with:
- The quiet atmosphere of private care rooms
- A team who cares about your comfort
- A dentist who is experienced at performing the procedure
- Same-day treatment if you need it
We don’t want worries over payment to add to the anxiety you may feel about your root canal. Join one of our membership plans at the Restore or Enhance level to save 20 percent on your procedure. The best way to prevent a root canal is with good oral hygiene and regular visits to our office. With our membership plans, you’ll pay a flat annual fee that covers the cost of exams and cleanings.
Preserve Your Tooth & Keep Your Smile Intact
If bacteria gets inside your teeth and the soft pulp inside becomes infected, you’ll need either a root canal or an extraction. Your dentist will examine you and advise you on which option is right for your situation. In general, a root canal is preferable. It will:
- Result in a Quicker and More Comfortable Recovery – Unlike an extraction, you typically won’t experience any bleeding or extended discomfort with a root canal.
- Preserve Your Jaw – Since a root canal will keep your tooth root intact, you won’t suffer the bone loss in your jaw that happens after losing a tooth.
- Keep Your Other Teeth in Place – If you lose a tooth and don’t replace it, your nearby teeth can shift out of place and cause problems such as a misaligned bite and jaw pain.
- Avoid a Replacement Tooth – Replacing a tooth after an extraction involves additional time and expense.
For root canals in Austin, call Great American Smiles™ at 512-982-6405.