Exposed tooth roots aren’t just unsightly, they’re uncomfortable too. When your gums recede, you won’t be able to consume hot or cold substances without sensitivity. Worse, you could end up losing teeth and bone structure. Your dentist can cover your tooth roots with gum grafts in Austin.
A grafting procedure will:
- Allow you to smile with confidence again
- Keep your teeth intact so you won’t have to worry about replacing them
- Stop uncomfortable dental sensitivity
- Help you avoid decay and other problems
Worried about gum recession? Call us today at 512-982-6405.
Minimize Discomfort With Gum Treatment
Similar to a skin graft, a gum grafting procedure involves moving tissue from one place (often the roof of your mouth) and attaching it to your gums. It is highly effective and can produce long-term results that will make you smile.
Gum grafts help you recover from receding and damaged gums by giving you:
- Simple and Fast Treatment – Our goal is to get you the care you need as quickly as possible. We will schedule your gum graft at your earliest convenience so that you are on your way to a healthier smile.
- Quick and Complete Recovery – You’ll experience minimal swelling and post-procedure discomfort. You’ll also have a few restrictions to your diet and oral hygiene. Once your gums have healed, they will look completely natural.
Keep Your Gums in Great Shape With Preventive Care
Gum recession can be caused by a genetic predisposition or even by an overly aggressive tooth brushing technique. A more common cause, though, is gum disease. The best way to prevent gum disease is visiting our office for regular dental exams and cleanings. These services are included when you join one of our membership plans.
With our Maintain level, you’ll pay a flat fee that covers your exams, cleanings, and X-rays. At the Restore level, you’ll also receive periodontal treatments and 20 percent savings on other services, including gum grafting.
For gum grafts in Austin, call Great American Smiles™ at 512-982-6405.