Dental surgery is a fact of life for many people. As much as you may not want to think about having oral surgery in Austin, it may be necessary for several reasons. If you need a surgical procedure, we encourage you to have it done at Great American Smiles™. We offer you all these benefits:Never feel pain in the chair Read Transcript
Oral surgery in our office is extremely comfortable. We take your comfort as the very first priority. We want to make sure you understand what we're going to do. And, we're going to make sure that you're comfortable as far as the numbing. In our office, we actually have some of the most comfortable anesthetic techniques. We've studied those, because it's so important that you never feel pain. If your tooth is already hurting or there's a reason that you need that tooth extracted, we definitely never want to add to that. As far as postoperative pain as well, we help you manage that in a great way, so you never feel the first moment of pain.
- A trained and talented dentist and team members
- A warm and caring environment for relaxing treatment
- Our membership plans, which make high-quality care and excellent oral health accessible
Call Great American Smiles™ today at 512-982-6405 to schedule your consultation. We’re located conveniently on Angus Road, not far from the intersection of Duval Road and Highway 183.
Preserve Your Smile With an Oral Surgery Procedure
One way the team at Great American Smiles™ helps simplify your life is by providing several oral surgery services in-house. That means you can have your procedure performed by a familiar dental team without having to go to a specialist for care. Below are a few types of oral surgery we commonly perform here:
- Tooth Extractions – If it isn’t possible to save your damaged or diseased tooth, count on us to gently remove it as comfortably as possible. Afterward, choose from different ways to get back your missing tooth, including dental implants.
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions – For many people, these third molars will cause problems with your other teeth. They may come in crooked or in the wrong area, or only partially emerge. We can safely remove them to prevent further problems.
- Bone Grafts – A bone graft may be necessary if you want dental implants but your jawbone is too weak or thin to support them. A bone graft adds bone material to the area, which stimulates the growth of new bone cells.
- Gum Grafts – A gum graft will repair receded gums caused by gum disease or injury. Your dentist will take gum tissue and place it where you need additional gum coverage. In a few months, your gums will have healed.
If you need oral surgery in Austin, let the team at Great American Smiles™ take care of it for you. Call us today at 512-982-6405 to schedule a consultation. You can also request an appointment time online.
Prepare Your Mouth For Implants With a Bone Graft
Like many of our patients, you may want dental implants but have been told that implants aren’t possible for you because of the condition of your jawbone. Implants are a wonderful way to replace missing teeth, but they do require that your jaw be strong enough to support them.
At Great American Smiles™, we’ve helped a number of patients make dental implants a reality through a bone graft procedure. This treatment is specially designed to strengthen a weak or thin jawbone. Here’s how it works:
- Your dentist will take bone material, usually synthetic, and place it in your jawbone where you need implants.
- Over the course of a few months, the bone material will stimulate the growth of new bone cells by the jaw.
- Your jaw will then be strong enough and healthy enough to support implants.
- We will place your implants and, after a healing period, secure your new teeth to them.